Professional Qualifications & Experience
I hold the following professional qualifications alongside other assorted trainings:
- MA Psychosynthesis Psychotherapy, Psychosynthesis Trust and University of East London
- MSc in Integrative Counselling, University of Bristol
- Diploma in Contemporary Trauma Practice, Relational Change
- Certificate in Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy, Exeter University
- Foundation Year in Core Process Psychotherapy, Karuna Institute
- BA (Hons) Natural Sciences (Zoology), Cambridge University
- Senior Accredited Counsellor and Supervisor, British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Registered Psychotherapist, United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)
I have worked as a counsellor and later as a psychotherapist for 30 years and am experienced in helping with all of the main issues presented in counselling. As well as offering you substantial experience as a general practitioner, I have specialist knowledge concerning chronic and life-threatening illness, including HIV, MS and cancer; death and bereavement; sexuality, gender, and LGBTQ issues; trauma and life transitions.
I am a senior BACP accredited counsellor and supervisor and also a UKCP registered psychotherapist. This means that my qualifications are very widely recognised and that I have significant experience in the counselling and psychotherapy fields. I am committed to my on-going personal and professional development, undertaking regular training.
Get in Touch
Finding the right counsellor or psychotherapist can sometimes feel daunting and be time‑consuming so do feel free to get in touch for an initial talk and possible meeting.
MA Psychosynthesis Psychotherapy, MSc Counselling, MBACP (Senior Accredited), UKCP Registered
My name is Pete Connor and I have over 30 years experience as a psychotherapist, counsellor and supervisor. I am based in Long Ashton, near to Bristol, and see adult individual clients and supervisees.